1/3 box of whole wheat rotini
Pre-made alfredo sauce
1 Bell Pepper
3 Sausage Links
- Cook your pasta according to box directions.
- While the pasta is cooking remove the sausage from the casing and saute over medium/high heat in small chunks. Be sure to use a pan that is big enough to fit all the cooked pasta.
- Once the sausage is cooking dice a bell pepper and cook with the sausage. (I like to use red pepper its prettier but this day I only had green.)
- When the pasta is almost done add the alfredo sauce to the sausage and pepper.
- Drain the pasta and combine with the sausage, pepper and sauce.
For bottled alfredo sauce I like Barilla, or Butoni (their low fat is good and rich) which is with the pre-made pasta in the produce section of my supermarket. If you don't want to buy sauce, you can make your own by adding butter, half and half and parmesan cheese to the pasta, sausage and peppers. You'll need to wait a few minutes for the cheese to melt and it won't be as creamy but there will still be lots of cheesy goodness.