Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Plumbing, by Christine

For Christmas last year, Bruce's parents gave us a Rapid Bath for Kenny.  We've used it several times on the hose outside but, I had some "understanding" issues with the indoor adaptor kit, first I didn't think that we had one, second I didn't realize that it went on the shower NOT the tub filler.  So once I figured it all out I set to hooking it up.
1.Assemble tools, wrench to remove shower head, Teflon tape and diverter (that came with the rapid bath)

2.Use the wrench and remove the shower head, then clean both the pipe and shower head. Then wrap pipe (clockwise) with teflon tape.
3. Attach the diverter, hand tighten. Do not over tighten, especially if the diverter is plastic or you will end up in the plumbing department of Home Depot like I did. (this photo shows the original that I overtightened and cracked the plastic)
4.Wrap both ends of the diverter with teflon tape (if your smart you would do this before attaching it to the pipe over your head) and attach the shower head so that its in straight line from the pipe and the hose for the Rapid Bath to the other.
I love this, it turns giving Kenny a bath from back breaking task to put off to a 20 minute task.  He still doesn't love it but he appreciates that it takes half the time.  It is a little pricey and I wouldn't have bought it for myself, and if you feel the same you can always pick up a handheld shower for about half the price!

No comments:

Post a Comment