Friday, January 28, 2011

Snow Storm Cooking

We had a giant snow storm two weeks ago, giant enough that our jobs told us Don't come in today.  Pretty much the entire East Coast got hit, I'm sure you know what I'm talking about.
I'll tell you all about it next week.  While Bruce was shoveling I decided to make him a nice lunch of grilled cheese and tomato soup.  One problem. No tomato soup.  I figured I have a can of tomatoes I can make soup from this.  Two hours later we had this, not in time for lunch but a good after round two shoveling snack. 

I can't exactly remember how much of everything or anything I added accept for one 14oz. can of diced tomatoes.  There was also:
diced onion
diced carrot
minced garlic
chicken stock
V8
Ketchup
salt, pepper and various spices
I realize this isn't a very helpful recipe, I sauteed the veggies together then covered them in chicken stock (I'm sure vegetable stock would have been more appropriate but I was working with what I had) I let that simmer for awhile then blended everything with my immersion blender.  I must confess, I did not let it cook long enough before blending and it was a little grainy.  Which then led to V8 and ketchup until I reached the flavor and texture I was looking for.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment