Tuesday, July 27, 2010

Dining Room Make-Over: Source List

I realized yesterday while I was looking things over that I forgot to source anything/everything I used in the dining room make over.  Or explain how I came to my choices. I have to give credit to my cousin Laura, she used a black toile in the dining room of her first house and I loved it.  Therefore, it's been floating around in the back of my brain for the past seven or eight years.  I knew that I wanted to stay true to the era of the house, replace the wall paper above the chair rail, use a darker color on the bottom and keep the light fixture.  I was also on the lookout for a sideboard/buffet that we could use a liquor cabinet, as the Christmas Tree Shoppe bookcase just wasn't cutting it. 
I was talking it over with my mom one day and looking at wallpaper patterns online and she suggested emailing her cousin John, who often helps with her decorating conundrums.  He sent back many ideas and the one which immediately popped was "Country Toile" in blue by Waverly. Hello toile!  It was just the license I needed to go for it, he liked it because it complimented my dinning set.  The blue however wasn't in the neutral theme that I wanted to be in and I was positive that Bruce wouldn't be on board.  I searched the Waverly website and found that the pattern came in many colors and decided that linen on white would work
Then came the bad news, it was discontinued.  I scoured the internet with no luck, so back to Waverly and retailers in my area, YES! My paint store sells Waverly wallpapers. I practically ran to the store, Beverly at my Painter's Supply made some calls and found it, I immediately ordered it.   
When I picked it up she seemed very impressed at my pick then helped me with some paint chips that might match it.  After much indecision and we decided on the wall color, trim color, and color for the interior wall of the China cabinet.

Three days before the planned wallpapering date my mom called and texted and photo messaged me, frantic. "I found this sideboard at this antique shop in Hanover it matches your dinning set PERFECT."  Photos were included.  Happy Graduation, she bought it for us!
So that's the story of our dining room make-over. The End.

Source List:
Wallpaper: Country Toile in linen, by Waverly (yes it was expensive)
Wall Color: Sherwood Tan (Benjamin Moore Natura, Eggshell finish)
Trim Color: White Blush (BMN, semi-gloss) - this also went on the bench Bruce built for the breezeway
China Cabinet Wall Color: Lambskin (BMN, - semi-gloss)
Curtains & Rods: Target
Table Cloth: Food Network Crossroads (Kohls) - absolutely amazingly stain resistant, microfiber so spills just bead up and can be wiped away! Thanks mom!
Vase: hobnail milk glass - goodwill
Votive holders - Walmart seasonal department (bought around easter)

No comments:

Post a Comment