Wednesday, July 14, 2010

Quick Storage

While our kitchen was torn apart (hint, hint) everything was out from under the sink and I wanted something to keep all our cleaning supplies in.  There were two metal crates that were in the house when we moved in and I decided that they would be great solution for storage.

First I brushed it down quickly with a wire brush.

Then sprayed on a coat of primer.

Then I used the chrome spray paint that I used on the bathroom light fixtures.  I also sprayed on a coat of clear to keep the chrome faux finish intact (something I wish I had done on the lights).

Here's how it looks finished and in use, I ended up not using it under the sink but in the breezeway to hold our supply of paper bags. Remember when you're spray painting do it in a well ventilated area and not near you're car!

No comments:

Post a Comment