Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Adventure: Marathon

The ING Hartford Marathon was 2 weekends ago (10/9) we were up at 5:30, the culmination of months of training, heading to Hartford so the boys could run.
This was just before I collected sweatshirts and wished them luck. 

The race started at the capital, at this point I was fighting off some serious anxiety, trying very hard not to cry.

Runners off, still trying not to cry (alone, in public).  I saw the boys at miles six and eight, then wondered around Hartford, watched the half marathoners finish and collected friends and family that came to watch the finish.  I didn't take any photos I was to preoccupied with finding the boys among the runners. 
Bruce finished in four hours, two minutes, I didn't manage to get a photo of my own he was going to fast! Tim four, twenty five; and Ron four, fifty-eight. I'm so proud of them all!

No comments:

Post a Comment