Friday, October 29, 2010

Halloween Cupcakes

Last Sunday we had a few people for dinner and I whipped up some Halloween decorated cupcakes.  I wanted them to look like these from Williams-Sonoma:
I made a half batch of chocolate cupcakes using one of Ina Garten's recipies, then a vanilla frosting and chocolate ganache from my Better Homes and Gardens cookbook using proportions for the amount I though I would need.
Half I frosted with vanilla and half I dipped in the chocolate. Then I used yellow and red food coloring to make the vanilla frosting orange and put it in a sandwich bag, the chocolate ganache was also put in a sandwich bag.
On the vanilla frosting I piped a swirl with the chocolate then used a tooth pick to gently pull through the lines to create a spiderweb. On the chocolate Iganache pipped a pumpkin, I whish I had made a little green or brown to make the stems a different color but I think they were cute!
If you don't like baking from scratch just use cake mix, and premade frosting, I'm even pretty sure that I saw premade ganache with the premade frosting.

No comments:

Post a Comment