I've had the sniffles for about a week and a half. I used the left over turkey stock to make some turkey noodle soup. Yum. Definetly help my sniffles and if you don't have turkey stock, use chicken!
Don't you feel better already?
Turkey Noodle Soup
1 Turkey thigh
3 Sprigs fresh thyme
5 Sage leaves
1/2 medium onion, diced
2 carrots, chopped
2 celery stalks, chopped
2 cups turkey stock
spash white wine
1 small hand full spaghetti
salt, pepper and spices to taste
- Poach the turkey thigh in the stock with fresh herbs.
- While turkey is cooking, prepare and saute the onions carrots and celery in the bottom of your soup pot with a little oil and salt and pepper to taste.
- Once turkey is done, remove the meat and cut into bite sized pieces.
- Deglaze veggies with white wine then add turkey meat to soup pot.
- Remove fresh herbs from poaching pan, then add stock to soup pot and bring to a boil.
- Once soup is boiling break spaghetti into thirds and add to soup, once pasta is cooked it's ready to go!
If you don't like dark meat, use breast meat I used it because it was on sale.
If you prefer to be alcohol free, deglaze with a ladel-full of stock.
The amount of stock is a guess, it will also have more concentrated flavor due to the poaching. I'm pretty sure I added water before the pasta and there was no loss of flavor. If you like lots of broth then use more, if not use less.
Use whatever pasta is open in your pantry, or whatever your favorite is.
Spice things up! Some suggestions: red pepper flakes, cumin, curry . . . the possibilites are endless!