Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Garden Update

Considering how many trees we have (little sunlight) the garden is coming along nicely. I would say that half of what I planted has grown, most of that is doing really well.
The peppers get an A

So do the tomatoes.

And the zuchinni and summer squash. 

The radishes get a B, along with the broccolli and peas.

The letuce is questionable the brutal thunderstorms we've been getting are really beating them up, I might try again in the fall. The melons, cucumbers, beans, asparagus and spinach were a no go, most likely not enough sun for those guys.  Yes, the garden is very weedy, it's the first year and we expected this. I have been weeding.  I also started some things in the house for a summer crop, stay tuned for cucumbers (again) spagetti squash, butternut squash, acorn squash and sugar pumpkins.

No comments:

Post a Comment