Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Leftover Solution

Remember the cupcakes I made for Halloween?  Well I only used about half the container of cream and I hate to waste food.  I saw Ina make this caramel sauce as I was flipping around one afternoon between her and Sarah's House (who I love) and it looked easy enough.
I followed this recipe which incidentally I had the exact amount of cream needed! I'm pretty sure I let the sugar get a little to dark before adding the cream.  The only thing Ina forgets to mention in this recipe is to use a pot twice as big as you think you will need.  This baby bubbles violently!

This was a jar that I found in the house and purchased the rubber ring for, but you can just as easily use tupperware.  This will keep in the fridge for months, or give it to someone!

No comments:

Post a Comment