Wednesday, March 27, 2013

Lent Weeks 5 and 6

These two weeks were a little crazy, Bruce was away and I did some serious detoxing. Once Bruce's trip was scheduled I decided it would be the perfect time to give up coffee.  Once I started thinking about no coffee, I decided I should do week one of Whole Living's Detox Challenge.  It was rough, I did four full days of no caffeine, sugar, dairy, gluten or anything processed. On Monday (day 1) the headache was so bad I decided to turn our bathroom into a sauna and sweat everything out. Now that it is over, I feel so much better, particularly I have so much more energy. Bruce got a pass on our Lenten sacrifices because he was traveling out of the country for work.
Bathroom Sauna: (This is not out of focus that is steam!) Fill a very hot bath very slowly with the door closed and the fan off.  Do Not get into very hot tub, add cold water and don't scald yourself. The extra sweating helps eliminate toxins from your system, remember to replenish with lots of water.

What We Ate: (pre-travel/detox)
Wednesday: no idea it was two weeks ago!
Thursday: no idea
Friday: Black Bean Burger I added shredded carrots and used more bread crumbs
Saturday: no idea, possibly we ordered pizza
Sunday: Corned Beef and Cabbage with Beers (for St.Patrick's Day)

What I Ate: (detox)
Breakfast: Smoothies
Lunch: Smoothie and Roasted Corn, Red Pepper Soup
Dinner Monday: Roasted Veggies and a salad
Dinner Friday: Homemade Mac&Cheese with parents

What We Ate: (post-travel/detox)
Saturday: Black Bean Burger same batch, frozen just as good
Sunday: Red Lentil and Sweet Potato Stew
Tuesday: Eggplant Parm

No comments:

Post a Comment