Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Bun, my version.

I eat out at work about once a week, depending on how stressed I am. Until this summer the only thing I ever ordered was Pho, a Vietnamese noodle soup.  But one day it was just too hot.  I decided to get Bun, it's a salad with rice vermicelli and grilled meat, I usually get chicken.  My cart serves it with a sweet and hot chili dressing and a peanut vinegrette.

This is my version.  I've yet to master the sweet and hot chili dressing (honestly I forgot about it the first few times I made it) and when I'm at home I use marinated London Broil.

Recipe
Romaine Lettuce
Tomato
Cucumber
Rice Vermicelli
London Broil

Marinate
Teryakie Marinate
Fish Sauce
Liquid Amines (or soy sauce)
Garlic Powder, Onion Powder, Chinese 5 spice

Peanut Vinaigrette
Smooth Peanut Butter
Rice-Wine Vinegar
Sirracha
Liquid Amines/Soy Sauce
Pasta cooking water

Cook the noodles according to the package directions. Prep the marinate, mix it all together until it tastes good.  I'm sorry I have no measurements for you, caution with the fish sauce it's salty.  Then slice and marinate the beef.  I usually marinate a big batch, then break it down into smaller batches and freeze them.  Stir-fry the beef, prep the salad and dressing.  Again I have no measurements other than to say I use a rounded tablespoon for the peanut butter and it's always to much.  And careful with the sirracha it's sneaky hot and if you don't like hot don't use it. I serve mine on a plate because I don't have a bowl big enough.
Enjoy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment