Sunday, October 2, 2011

Menu For the Week

These days we're trying to cram as much into a weekend as possible.  We lost EIGHT trees during Hurricane Irene, Bruce is in school full time and three fall weddings with assorted happenings.  So on the weekends we are around I try to get the shopping done as efficiently as possible to get home to stack wood or assist with backyard cleanup.  I find that one thing that helps with that is to know what we're eating during the week.  This week looks like:

Sunday: Pasta with home made sauce (just canned) and Sausages (on sale with a coupon at BJ's)
Monday: Cooking Light Pork Stir Fry  (Pork tenderloin on sale at Stop & Shop)
Tuesday: Bun or Soup
Wednesday: Bun or Soup
Thursday: Pork Burritos or Grilled Cheese and Soup
Friday: most likely eating on the road
Saturday: Christina's Wedding

Bun is Vietnamese (I think) salad~ish with romaine lettuce, cucumbers, tomatoes, rice vermicelli, and stir-fry beef (already marinated in the freezer in single serving packs) with a peanut vinaigrette.

I'm also planning on making Ina's Corn Chowder today to have through the week, I have a ton of frozen corn that's taking up way to much room in the freezer.  Because both of these are really quick I threw them in for nights that Bruce has class (with PB&J for dinner).

Thursday I left as a toss-up in case we go to the gym or I'm lazy and don't feel like cooking.

We have a wedding this weekend in Boston so we'll be taking off after work on Friday being a realistic person, Bruce is going to want fast food.  GROSS but we indulge when we're spending hours in the car.

This took me about 30 minutes to put together. Including looking at the Stop & Shop flier, BJ's coupon book and my online coupons. I write the lists and the menu and hit the road.  It took me under two hours at three stores. Go us, time to start the chowder and stack some wood.

No comments:

Post a Comment