Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Re-Covering the Couch

First, let me apologize for the yellow-ness of these pictures.  The downside of doing everything at night without a fancy camera.  Also these were taken before I remembered that the front hallway also has a light. 
So Bruce's parents gave me a Pottery Barn gift card for my birthday and instead of buying something cute and little I put it towards a slip cover for this couch in our living room.  AKA the couch I don't hate.


The Pottery Barn slipcover came it was beautiful and perfect.  Until it didn't quite fit.  I was very excited.  Then I was very upset, I'm not going to lie, I cried.  Bruce might have come home from work to find me sitting on the living room floor, crying and swearing at a slip cover.

So when I got over it I returned it and bought another one from Overstock. For way less. A third the price AND it fits.  It's a little more pastel than what I was going for but it will do for now. 


And the old "Slipcover" which was upholstery fabric with some elastic and these screwy things to keep it in place.  I'm going to use it to make a cover for the Red Sox pillow.  Not that we don't love the Red Sox but it doesn't quite fit the decor.

No comments:

Post a Comment