Tuesday, April 30, 2013

Hallway Adventure: Part 1

This hallway makeover has been almost a year in process.  Last summer after Kenny had his second knee surgery, my mom came to stay with him, so that we could attend a party in Boston.  While we were gone she took down the wallpaper in the living room and washed the walls, the following week was fourth of July and I finished the project by doing the same in the hallways.  Then it stayed like that . . . for a long time.  My plan was to finish it over the Christmas holidays but I got sick.  During the long weekend in January I primed everything and just doing that brightened up the space.  I finally got around to the painting in March and I have all the finishing touches completed for half the total space (one side of the front and one side of the back).
This is the view from the back hallway, someday we will replace the front door, we'd like something that lets in more light and doesn't scream 1970! I looked high and low for a super skinny console table to put in the space in an attempt to define it as an entry way but I was unable to find anything.  So we built this little shelf, look for a full post on that later in the week.
This is the view from the living room.  It took me a while to accumulate the decor for the shelf because I have rule about buying things from the Threshold line at Target, ONLY if it's on sale! I only broke that rule twice, for the mirror and the smaller gold votive holder.
Both of the frames and three of the candle holders are from Target's threshold line.  The flower photos are from our wedding and the small blue hobnail votive holder I found in the house when we moved in and I love how it brightens up the space.

No comments:

Post a Comment